About once every six months, Jason has to work night shift, thiis means we get to spend the evening together and once he has gone to work I get to stay awake until the early hours of the morning knitting. This week I have managed to complete both sleeves, for my Central Park Hoodie.
Last night, I worked on and finished the hood. As part of the pattern you have to place the stitches for the cable onto a stitch holder, then cast off the stitches for the neckline. All these stitches are then picked up and worked into the hood, Rather than cast the stitches on the neckline off – I worked then in short rows and added them to the stitch holder.
The pattern suggests using a three needle bind off on the hood, but I opted to graft the stitches, as I think it will sit better and also leave a flat seam, I started the grafting at the cable edge to make use the two cables matched up perfectly – it took quite a bit of effort to make sure it looked like a continous cable – but I am really pleased with the results.