There are loads of fun events taking place in London for Halloween 2017. But I have found a few fun things to do with an interesting twist for Halloween this year. These five events are all based on TV shows or movies, making them ideal for geeks.
Geek Girls Guide to Halloween 2017 in London.
- WB Studio Tour
What is more Halloween than Harry Potter? The WB Studio Tour just outside London will be celebrating the Dark Arts all throughout October. With the Great Hall decorated with floating pumpkins, recreating the Halloween scene from Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. On top of that over the Halloween weekend, they are hosting Hogwarts after Dark, a Halloween feast in the great hall.
- Halloween Edible Cinema
The Edible Cinema offers a different movie adventure, rather than just experiencing the movie via your visual and audio senses, they add the elements of taste and smell. For Halloween, they are staging a showing of Beetlejuice at several the Everyman Cinemas around London. The tasting menu features numbered boxes to be opened throughout the movie to heighten your experience.
- Supper Club UK presents The Red Wedding
The Supper Club UK is hosting an interactive dining experience based on the Red Wedding from Game of Thrones. On the 31st October, they will create an immersive dining experience based on the eventful wedding feast. The evening will include a five-course meal, music, and actors recreating the iconic feast.
- The Walking Dead Maze at Thrope Park
As part of their Fright Nights at Thorpe Park for 2017, they have added an attraction based on The Walking Dead. Featuring two mazes (one indoor and one outside) fans of the zombie apocalypse programme can experience several scenes from the show facing off against the un-dead and Negan. The park also has a feature based on the SAW movies.
- Hitchcock Themed Afternoon Tea
If you are looking for something a little less scary, but still with a Halloween twist. The Royal Lancaster Hotel has a Hitchcock Themed Afternoon Tea. Alongside the traditional finger sandwiches and scones, they are serving sweet treats based on classic Hitchcock movies like Cursed Blackbird Macaroon and Psycho Marbled Lollipops.
- If you are looking for a Halloween party or club night, check out Design My Night, they have tons of listing for the Halloween weekend in London, from Silent Discos to a prison-themed pop-up called Alcotraz.
- For ideas of Halloween actives with children, LondonTown.com has a list of family fun over half term. Including, pumpkin carving and sleepover in a museum.
- If you are not in London for Halloween but want to add a scary element to your stay, Visit London has a list of 13 Spooky things to do in the capital from Jack the Ripper walking tours to Haunted pubs.
Instead of 5 Fandom Friday, this week I thought I would list my five favourite fangirl moments from this week. It has been an interesting one, the week started off a little shocking and then yesterday, news about several of my favourite fandoms appeared online.
- The Walking Dead Season 6 Finale
Monday nights are The Walking Dead night in our house, we even watch The Talking Dead, to digest everything we have just seen. Needless to say, this season finale, has left us feeling completely numb. I know fans have complained about the open ending, but I didn’t mind the cliffhanger.
- Orphan Black Season 4
I knew BBC America are planning on airing the newest season of Orphan Black in April, and I thought we would have to wait until September like last year. However, it looks like Netflix will be showing it a few days afterwards, starting in the 15th. Until then this prequel teaser has me hooked.
- Death Note Remake
It seems once every six months or so we get news about a Hollywood remake of Death Note, and every time I moan – we don’t need a remake! Over the years I have heard the strangest rumours from Zac Efron playing Light to Gus Van Sant directing (this did impress), the latest story ( you can read it here) is that Netflix have picked up the rights.
- Gilmore Girls Revival
I am beyond excited that Gilmore Girls is returning later this year. I always felt let down by the final season, I’m not going to re-hash the issues, only to say I am glad the show didn’t run past it’s seven seasons. I cannot imagine post-grad Rory’s life and how this would still link into Star’s Hollow or how this would have been turned into a weekly show. Now, it feels right to have the show back and get a seasonal insight into the Gilmore’s lives. You can read more about the revival here, and it also looks like Sookie is coming back!
- Star Wars: Rogue One Trailer
Obviously, the biggest news this week has been the Rogue One trailer. I could have written a whole post about my feeling on this!
- Felicity Jones as Jyn Erso looks amazing, I am hoping Disney will realise we love strong female leads and adore merchandise on these characters even more!
- Speaking of female characters, I was excited to see Genevieve O’Reilly back as Mon Mothma, as she has an amazing resemblance to Caroline Blakiston.
- Contrary to everyone else, I don’t think Jyn is any relation to Rey. I think the rest of Rey’s story will be played out in episode eight (and maybe nine).
- Likewise I don’t think Diego Luna’s character is Poe’s father.
- Apart from a few overlapping characters (like in Star Wars: Rebels ), I think this story will not relate to the Skywalker Saga Anthology films.
- As Grand Admiral Thrawn is meant to be re-canonized, I would like to think Ben Mendelsohn is playing him. Another theory is he will be Grand Moff Tarkin, overseeing the building of the Death Star.
What has been your highlight of the week?
Have you any theories about the Rogue One trailer?