Last month, I noticed several of my favourite geeky bloggers were all writing about Disney. I discovered it wasn’t a coincidence, these bloggers were all taking part in the Geek Blogs Unite theme. Which for March was the Happiest Place on Earth.
This months theme is “Between The Pages”. You can read more about Geek Blogs Unite on their blog or via the Facebook Group. With quite a wide scope to talk about, rather than write about my favourite book, or what I am now reading. Instead I thought I would focus once again on Bookstagram.
Bookstagram is a sub-community on social media, mainly on Instagram, to showcase, books and reading. The instagrammers, use props like candles, flowers or memorabilia, together with a books. Combining photography and books, bookstagram has blow up on social media. People use props or interesting locations and to show off books on Instagram. Since I wrote about it last year, a new social media app, Litsy has started which combines bookstagrams and book reviews.
My Five Favourite Bookstagrammers
- Reading a books whilst enjoying a cup of coffee is the perfect combination. Bookbaristas is one of the most popular bookstagrammers, she highlights amazing coffee shops and cafe in New York City, with a mini book review included.
- dropandgivemenerdy creates beautiful themed flatlays, most noteworthy are the recent coloured flatlays. She is also a Brand Rep for LitJoy Crate and Charm with Me, so is a great account to follow to see unboxing photos for these subscription boxes.
- depepi is the queen of Funko Friday. She fills her instagram feed with cute photos Funko figures. However, she has recently started a #booksandpops series, every photos pairs a book with a figure.
- I love a_bookish_shelf‘s photos as she used classic bookstagram shots of some of my favourite compositions types, like #bookandcandle, #socksunday and #bookishrainbow which can all be seen on her feed.
- jordandenenyc is best known for original geek chic clothing, and she used her instagram to highlight her range. But she also is taking part in the 100 cups of coffee challenge on Instagram, only she posts her coffees with books.
Are you a bookstagrammer? Do you have a favourite bookstragram account that I should follow let me know.