- Pumpkins – I have mentioned before how I love going to the pumpkin patch at the beginning of October to buy decorations for the house, I also stock up on canned pumpkin purée for cooking. I hate pumpkin pie, but love experimenting with other recipes, cheesecake, muffins and cupcakes. This year I want to try to make pumpkin pancakes.
- PSL– following on from loving pumpkin flavours food, I am obsessed with Pumpkin Spice Latte’s. Oddly the drink has only been available in the Starbucks in UK for the last three years, before that I had to order the syrup online or binge drink them when we were on vacation in America. When we went to Las Vegas I even brought I drink at the airport before collecting my suitcase from the carousel.
- Berets – autumn is all about layers, I do love scarves and chunky cardigans, but for me autumn is all about the beret. Every year I like to knit myself a new hat (normally a beret) in the new colour of the season. This weekend I will take my hats out of storage (I put them away over the summer in a box with lavender bags) ready for the colder months.
- Birthdays – Yes I know you can have a birthday at anytime of year but both my husband and I celebrate our birthdays during the autumn, just a few weeks apart. This means that from the end of October to mid-November our calendar is filled with outings for our birthdays. Over the last few years we have both celebrated big birthdays so this has involved a vacation, but normally its a few meals, maybe an afternoon tea and lots of cocktails!
- My birthday actually falls on Halloween (my final favourite thing about autumn), this means that a lot of activities around my birthday have a Halloween theme – which I love! It also gives me an excuse to decorate the house in Halloween/birthday hybrid of decorations!
Thank you The Nerdy Girlie & Super Space Chick for creating Fandom Friday check out their blogs for more information. Or follow the #fandom5 or #5fandomfriday on Twitter.