Following on my last post about Everyday Cosplay. I thought I would list some of my favourite everyday cosplay outfits you can buy. Let you know about my favourite stores for causal cosplay buys. And add my top tips for putting together an outfit.
Where to Start?
Putting an outfit together from scratch is pretty easy. First, start with what is already in your wardrobe. Comfy classic items are a great starting point be it jeans or a black dress. As well as plain coloured t-shirts or sweaters. Personally, for basic items I love Uniqlo, it is my go-to shop for jeans and t-shirts. In fact, most of the items from my Jyn
Next start hunting out additional items to make the outfits. But, don’t be afraid to venture into stores you might not necessarily buy from. Whilst looking for a birthday present for my mum in Marks and Spencers, I discovered some amazing star print jeans that were the inspiration behind my Wonder Woman outfit.
Finally, don’t forget your accessories these can really make an outfit! For example, if you wanted to casually cosplay Captain America, you could add a shield necklace. The best place to start is Etsy. However, there are specialised geeky jewellery companies, like RockLove that can also be a great resource. And as no outfit is complete without a handbag! Check out Danielle Nicole or Loungefly, who both have amazing geeky handbags.
Favourite Online Buys
However, if you want to buy a complete outfit again a great place to start is Etsy. Or the other companies I mentioned in my Everyday Cosplay post, like Her Universe or Elhoffer Designs. These are some of my favourite online buys.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I will earn a commission.
You will not pay more when buying a product through my link.
You can read my full disclaimer policy here.
- Her Universe Captain Marvel Dress, I am a little annoyed this dress isn’t available in the UK (I don’t want to pay the customs duty). As I think it would have been great to wear to the midnight showing of Captain Marvel, and Avengers; End Game.
- Tardis Dress – This is a great dress to wear to Conventions, teamed with blue trainers, it would be both comfy and geeky.
- Wolf Cape cardigan. I adore capes, more dresses and cardigans should come with capes! With this amazing Elhoffer Design cardigan, you could pretend to be the Queen of the North!
- Galactic Puffin Dress – Another fabulous creation by Elhoffer Designs. With this cute dress, you can look like everyone’s favourite space creatures, a
- Luna Dress – Again this would be great to wear to conventions, but also if you are lucky enough to go to the Studio Tour or see the Harry Potter and the Cursed Child play.
- Newt Scamander – Like the Luna Dress, you could wear this to any Harry Potter themed event! I adore all the details on this dress especially the little Picketts in the pocket!
- Danielle Nicole Handbag – I am a little obsessed with Danielle Nicole’s bags! I brought some the Ravenclaw bags from the Harry Potter collection and lusted after the Game of Thrones collection.
- Holdo Dress – Her Universe, just released their new ‘Sisters of the Force’ collection yesterday. There is little information about the prices for this collection but they go on sale on the 11th April.
- Black Panther bag – I admit I would use this bag everyday, not just as part of an everyday cosplay. But teams with a black dress and RockLove’s
kimoyobracelet. You could be rocking full Wakandan chic!
- Spider-Gwen Cuff -My love of Spider-Gwen grew after seeing Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse! So I love this cuff, again this is something I would wear every day (I love geeky jewellery). But it would look great for a Gwen or Spider-Man casual cosplay.